The Kolda Corporation pressure-vacuum skimmer, The AARD-VAC, has been designed using many years of experience in the manufacture of vacuum equipment and on the actual application of dozens of these units in several Latin American countries.
Taking advantage of the large versatility of the vacuum equipment in general, and the great popularity of the vacuum trucks, the AARD-VAC came as an answer to the end user needs that would like to use that versatility and popularity, but do not have on a remote oil spill site the access to transport and operate a heavy vacuum truck.
The AARD-VAC is manufactured in several standard sizes and two basic configurations.
These sizes are available:
AARD-VAC 100: 100 barrels per hour
AARD-VAC 300: 300 barrels per hour
AARD-VAC 800: 800 barrels per hour
The Kolda Corporation pressure-vacuum skimming systems are available in two basic configurations (custom made designs are available):
- Complete system, mounted on one oil field type skid.
- Complete system, distributed on two oilily type skids as follows:
- One skid including the engine and pumps
- One skid including the tank and manifolds.
NOTE: The standard units are driven by a diesel engine, however, the skimmers could be designed using hydraulic, electric or pneumatic drives.
In the Kolda Corporation design we have incorporated several improvements to the equipment, based on feed back from a number of our customers that have used our equipment skimming oil in hundreds of oil spills.
A lot of attention is placed on the fact that most oil spills occur in remote areas whereaccess is limited and this demands that the equipment:
- Have an adequate debris handling capability
- Be as light weight as possible
- Be easy to handle
- Be transportable by helicopter, or by a small vehicle, or a boat or be towable
- The standard engine and pumps have demonstrated to be excellent choices, requiring few maintenance and down time
- The transfer pump was specifically chosen to pump very heavy viscous products and to operate DRY
The control panel protects the engine for low oil and high temperature conditions.
|PRODUCT SELECTION GUIDE|
|WEIGHT, Lbs||POWER, HP|| VACUUM
CFM @ IN of Hg
| 95 x 52 x 82
102 x 52 x 95
114 x 91 x 95
| 80 @ 15
200 @ 15
396 @ 18